Friday, July 01, 2005

Production and Industry

The times may be dark but I am feeling slightly smug at not only finishing my corrections for section one, but also adapting my story Nine Minutes into a film script, all in one day.

The script, however, is 20 pages long, which for a nine minute short may be a bit long...I dunno. It doesn't take that long to read through the dialogue, there's almost no action and maybe 30% of the dialogue is voice-over thoughts. I'll see what the experts have to say - it has been a while since I wrote a script. Back then I was the self-styled writer-in-residence of a blues/jazz bar in Glasgow who really was justing waiting for his partner to finish work. Whether that updated celtic invasion myth will see the light of day, never mind get typed up, is a mystery left to time.

2 comments:

paul f cockburn said...

The rule of thumb with most scripts, I've heard, is that one page equals one minute. Therefore...

RWM said...

Aye, even if you go with the more generous estimate of 1.5 pages per minute...

I'm not 100% sure about the formatting though, so that _may_ have something to do with it.

But it is the first draft and could do with a read through.