Monday, September 10, 2007

They're Here Already

Now that I'm out, albeit 'on pass' temporarily, the strangest part of this whole adventure is how unreal the 'real' world seems. I keep having to resist the urge to go up and pinch people to make sure they're actually there and not some kind of projection. Also I very quickly got institutionalised. You know what time of day it is by when your pills turn up in a plastic cup and your drip gets changed.

I feel like I'm sitting in command control of some kind of robot colossus that looks like me, but somehow doesn't quite move right or feel right, a slowed exoskeleton with delayed responses and sluggish controls. To cap it all I suddenly can't stand milk in my tea and can barely tolerate sugar. I'm still discovering the other surprises in store for me.

Maybe the MRI scanner has transformed me into some kind of mutant (or perhaps back into a normal person). I happen to know the guy who looks after the one in the Southern General they used on me - I may have to have words with him :) If the crime-rate in Glasgow suddenly falls due to a mysterious vigilante it's nothing to do with me, right?

No comments: