Friday, May 16, 2008

Quick Notes

A celebrity (model or pop-star) opens their own bank. "Bowies sounded like a pub, I mean it was, once, but it was a bank before that. Now it was a bank again, kindof."

"With iQ-Paper I couldn't understand why we still needed to craft models out of wood, card and glue (I used think of it as haiku paper given some of the ways it interpreted my handwriting)."

"With almost all information available just about anywhere, having knowledge is no longer important - what you do with it is now what is valuable."

Greek gods returning (perhaps an old chestnut) - subtly, as Greek gods can be. Punishing hubris, reminding humanity of the Virtues, speaking through statues and so on. Actually this ties in nicely with the my very sketchy headspace outline for the next book which would involve a dose of mass shamanistic initiation.

Talking of which, Adocentyn in now just passing the novella threshold and into the short novel territory (about 40K words). I'm still not halfway through the first draft.

Oh, and Croy Division, since Croftwerk was taken.

No comments: