Saturday, January 27, 2007

Perfect Wakefulness

Well I think the reading went down well, despite only having 5 hours'
kip in the previous 4 days. I even beat my previous record for staying awake by six hours; 
I'm now up to 66, yay! The thing that I really hate about staying 
awake too long is entering the state of being 'perfectly awake'. This is where you are beyong sleep and enter a hyper-reality. Everything is increased in sensation, while at the same time seems like it is hidden behind a warm, damp cloth. It is kinda cool and kinda creepy.
I am now having difficulty remembering how to sleep. I go to bed anxious I'm going to stay awake, which means that I do...

2 comments:

Jim Steel said...

Started seeing ghosts yet? The auditory hallucinations are always good for a laugh as well. Hope you've you've managed to get some sleep. If not, get a few beers down your neck.

Anyway, speaking as a punter, the Word Dogs thing was excellent. Your own 'Nelson's Blood' was one of my favorites - get the damn thing published!

RWM said...

I see ghosts anyway, Jim. Thanks for the feedback. But as usual, even for a Pirate collection, my work is 'not for us'.