Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Crisis Averted

Not reported much on progress recently, mainly because there hasn't been any to report on.

I love the Dee/WWII project, and have averted a bigger problem by narrowing those into one work. However, as much as I liked it, it wasn't coming from the soul. And in the vacuum in steps Adocentyn.

Some of you will know that I've been struggling with a number of stories involving street kids and their own mythology. All in all not too pleasant and I've had real difficulty seeing how to realise it into anything, anything at all. The long sub-conscious gestation may have done it well. I have a sketchy outline and I have finally begun writing with a sense of enthusiasm. This will not be a joy to write in the normal sense and I actually hope to work on Primed as some kind of light relief from my own demons bubbling forth.

Here's another opening paragraph or two for Hal's critique:
"The last thing I remember my sister saying was something about man being everywhere in chains.
We were travelling north on our summer holiday. It was a gorgeous autumn day, the sun high in the blue sky, faint wisps of cloud minced along. The sun was a nice change as it had rained all the previous day as we drove from London to Glasgow. Now we were heading up the side of Loch Lomond.
I was gazing out over the fish scale water. My sister, Jo, was practising her manifesto on me, for when she got back to school. Most girls want to grow up to be a princess. Jo wanted to be the elected leader of the revolution.


Originally it started with the last two lines here first, I'm still playing. Never tried first person before either.

No comments: