Monday, May 23, 2005

Easy does it

Thought I'd drop in a quick update.

I have all but one of my submissions rejected, the remaining one is still in the field. Unless I forgot one. I got a very nice note praising the work and the talent of the writer's group which was encouraging if a 'I'm full, sorry' rejection. It helped me keep my head above water. I discovered later that this agent already represents one of the group, who was able to confirm the poor person really is up to their ears in work.

The rewrite is going much slower than I anticipated, but I am taking my time, honing, filing, tweaking, rearranging, and crucially, adding. It often feels bad at the time and I think I might appear ungrateful whenever I get a critical session from the writer's group. But I'm not, not in the long term. As I can't write notes it takes a while to sink in. I have to look again at the work. And in this instance I have four sets of comments which act like a gallery with me being able to call the writers up like holograms and question them as I re-write. (Really!) There are still comments I disagree with but there should be. Meantime I move ever onward.

No comments: